Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Placemat-Reversible Chalkmat

Last week I made a Placemat/Chalk Mat for grandson.  
It was really easy. First I cut the oil cloth and chalk fabric the size I wanted for mat.  I cut a straight strip of oil cloth for the binding.
(I didn't bother with bias because oil cloth it wouldn't matter.)
The little pocket I estimated size for a couple of pieces of chalk.
On the pocket I used acrylic and put his first initial.

I have read that you are suppose to condition chalk cloth by rubbing with chalk.
I chose not to do this before giving as gift, so it would look better.

While I was at it, I cut two more mats and initials for my other two grandchildren.
They are too young for them now, but it will be easy to whip out when ready.

I also secretly cut out another to put in hope chest for two daughters that are not married and are in college.  Recently I was thinking I ought to make an extra of everything I make for the step grandchildren and put back for my two girls for when they have children.  Shhhhhhh 
They are both in college.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and comments. Please leave any comments if you like or not. I am always willing to share more info if its needed.