Thursday, June 27, 2013

Repurposed Frame

Another jewelry frame it is!  This time it is oval.

I have two daughters, so making for one and then making for the other is a given.  
It maybe different things, but always going back and forth.

There is a great story behind this frame!
Do you recognize this from the 70's decor?


My daughter's boyfriend was selling his house and throwing these frames with mirrors away.

He had redone the bathrooms in the house and there were two of these in the hall bath.

When I saw them, I had to have them.  "I too was thinking, these mirrors (are just like the beveled I had once given to Goodwill myself), back in the 80's refinishing a bathroom.
(As I have gotten older I have come to appreciate the old much more.)These mirrors were heavy.  I had them stored in my attic thinking I would repurpose them someway.

I was in my attic a couple of weeks ago and accidentally broke one - well naturally I knew what to do.

      jewelry frame

I primed and sprayed this frame knowing her new bedroom and bathroom were turquoise.  The color is a little off with the towels, but right on with her bedroom and other belongings.
We picked this color by iPhone images.  She lives 6 hours from me.

This time I put felt all around the back with glue.  It was difficult getting the wiring staple gunned in a clean oval shape.  I had to wear heavy gloves and do some light hammering.
I felt like the felt would protect the walls from any scratches.

She has filled it up quite nicely don't you think?

JodieLen




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and comments. Please leave any comments if you like or not. I am always willing to share more info if its needed.