Sunday, March 13, 2011

Way too long since last posting

I am way behind in posting any of my progress.  I have been redoing my sewing room again and making a few small things.  

My daughter is a freshman in college and is studying Fashion Analysis.
Originally she went to school as Pre Pharmacy.  The first semester blew her away.

It is so exciting for her to want to learn to sew now.  She is doing well if I might say so myself.  This first picture is a tote bag she is making for her first project.  She did all the work herself and has never sewed before this semester, because Mom did it. (me)


It is not quite finished.  She still had banding to do around the top.  The inside is lined and has pockets on both sides.  One flat pocket and another pleated. 

 I made her a zipper bag to go inside so she could keep her sewing tools.  She had left over fabric so why not.  This next picture is the zipper pouch I made her.  
These are so easy.
When she is home this summer I am going to show her LOTS of things she can make.



She did not have enough yellow fabric left so I chose some out of my stash for her lining which matched well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and comments. Please leave any comments if you like or not. I am always willing to share more info if its needed.