Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Lemon Sugar Scrub

Lemon Sugar Scrub Recipe


My daughter and I made some Christmas gifts over the Thanksgiving weekend.
I want to share the recipe, because my husband tried it out and came back for more.
Now that is a testimonial of how good this stuff is!

Supplies:
2 ½ cups granulated sugar, divided
¼ cup coconut oil
1 lemon

Put sugar in a large bow.  Set aside. Measure out ¼ cup of coconut oil and place it in a microwave safe bowl.  Heat coconut oil in the microwave for about 30 seconds, or until the oil is melted.  Pour oil over sugar and mix to continue.

Using a zester or small grater, zest rind of the lemon.  Then, cut zested lemon in half and, using a juicer, juice the lemon.  Remove any seeds from lemon juice.  Add lemon juice and zest to the sugar mixture and stir to combine.

If the sugar scrub is still too "wet", add up to a ½ cup more sugar until desired consistency is reached.

I wish I could tell you where I got this recipe, but I printed it off this past year and am not sure where it came from.  I would like to give the person credit for coming up with recipe.  It was not me.

Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and comments. Please leave any comments if you like or not. I am always willing to share more info if its needed.