Thursday, August 1, 2013

Before and After

BEFORE - yuck

As you can tell my ironing board is embarrassing!
I decided for my new sewing room, I needed to tidy things up a bit.
My first project was recovering my ironing board.  I did this before even getting my all my machine collection  over to the studio.

AFTER - better

It looks a little dizzy at this angle, but I am real pleased with it.
I left the previous padding on and used deco weight Premier Fabric to cover.
My thinking here was, I already had it on hand and stability over time would be better than quilting weight or plain cotton fabric.

I laid the board down on its'  back and cut the fabric around allowing for tuck and fold for elastic.
This was really simple and highly recommend it to anyone just to spruce up the sewing room.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and comments. Please leave any comments if you like or not. I am always willing to share more info if its needed.