Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dress


SIS BOOM  Pattern
Front

Back

This project got started late summer of 2012.  I got the dress all cut out and ended up working on gifts for others and never got it made.

I have now made and worn.  I love the pattern and how it turned out.  My husband is not into the print, he is a solid man, but I love it!  I am into all the new modern designer quilting cottons!

Sis Boom patterns allow for tall so they work out great for me.  I am 5 feet 8 inches and that is her longest length.  Therefore, I do not have to do the alterations.  It comes as a PDF and is very well drafted.  I shortened two inches and had to take in below bust down to hem 1/2 inch total.  I did this on the side seams.  The pattern has a long zipper down the back.  I made the size 6.

There was no mention of interfacing, but having experience, I put light iron on interfacing in the neck facing as well as the waist band.  I can't wait to make another.  :)

Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and comments. Please leave any comments if you like or not. I am always willing to share more info if its needed.