Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Spirit team dress


I saw this t-shirt and got this great idea of using up some fabric I had in my stash.  I buy a lot of red because it is our team sport color for the Razorback's of Arkansas, and it red is one of my favorite colors.

This ruffle fabric was bought a couple of years ago to make my daughter a tunic and then we decided it might be a little overwhelming. 
When I saw this cute shirt I loved it and thought about my fabric.

I sewed it into a tube after cutting the amount I wanted.  I then just sewed it to bottom of t-shirt.  I just guessed at the amount for the length.  This fabric is so easy to adjust the length.  It doesn't ravel so you just cut between ruffles.

In the picture it looks really long and makes me realize how long and tall I am.  The dress actually hits me just below my middle thigh.  I think it will make a cute outfit for tailgating don't you?

You could use any team shirt you like and use coordinating ruffle fabric in your team color.  I have some of this fabric in royal blue and purple too.  I know there are lots of sport teams out there with those colors.

This would be precious done on a little girls t-shirt with an embroidery or appliqué to match color of skirt too.
Have fun with the idea!

Jodie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love feedback and comments. Please leave any comments if you like or not. I am always willing to share more info if its needed.